"A memoir with a difference, I laughed and cried throughout this book... "
"One of the most honest books you'll ever have the pleasure of reading... "
The father of an autistic boy embarks on an incredible journey following a slide into emotional and financial crisis.
As problems mount, internal chaos grows and his young son's autism worsens, Lee realises that he is his own worst enemy and begins to unearth the true meaning to his life... Set during the Global Financial Crisis, this stirring true story of a father overcoming his demons for the sake of his children will inspire anyone struggling through their own times of crisis.
Beset - A modern memoir about an enlightening journey of self discovery.
"99 percent of this story is true, one percent is outrageous liberty-taking. Although I may only be 99 percent telling the truth when I say that, I only really remember one percent of what happened." - Lee Daniel Bullen
Have you ever wondered what kind of risks you actually face online? Have you ever worried about how safe your kids are when using the internet? Have you ever felt like cybersecurity is too complicated for ordinary computer users?
This book is written for somebody with no specific technical background and no prior knowledge of cybersecurity. It will provide you with a thorough understanding of the most significant risks you come across in day-to-day internet usage, and talk you through the simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your family online.
From the precautions you should take when using public Wi-Fi and best practice for social media usage, to taking care of your personal information online and understanding the risks young people face when using the internet, this book covers everything you need to know in a simple and straightforward way. Whoever you are--parent, office worker, freelance worker, entrepreneur, manager, life coach--YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO GET HACKED.
Take your cybersecurity into your own hands today!
Perfect for busy parents, this must-have book makes it easy to plan and pull off fantastic Family Home Evening and Sunday scripture study time. With the Church's new "home-centered, church-supported" program, we're reminded that we're responsible for our own learning.
Each lesson includes ideas for:
?Suggested Church videos
?Church artwork and unique art to post in your home that goes with each lesson
?Quotes by Church leaders
?Inspiring challenges for your family
?Tips on how to coordinate corresponding Seminary Doctrinal Mastery Passages with each lesson, as well as connecting the book "Preach My Gospel" to the topics each week
Table of Contents:
BOOK OF MORMON
FELLOWSHIP WITH THOSE NOT OF OUR FAITH
GOSPEL STUDY IN THE HOME
LIVING THE GOSPEL WITH JOY
LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF
MINISTERING TO OTHERS
PLAN OF HAPPINESS
STANDING FOR TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS
STRENGTHENING INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES
SUSTAINING CHURCH LEADERS
TAKING UPON US THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST
TECHNOLOGY AS A TOOL FOR GOOD
WORD OF WISDOM
Does your brilliant child correct you before you've even had your coffee?
Aiden has a case of "The Actuallys," and just can't help but correct others on the most trivial of facts. Is it a turtle or a tortoise? Is a tomato a fruit? With every misspoken word, Aiden just has to interject, and often it embarrasses the people around him. One day, someone gives him a piece of advice that could change everything. Come find out how to cure "The Actuallys"
Parents, Gifted Teachers, Social Skill Mentors, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Counselors, and School Counselors will all enjoy exploring the topic of kindness, manners, and intelligence with their child.
• Check out the thought provoking questions at the end!
• Notice the diversity depicted throughout the beautiful illustrations!
• Reflect on social skills, intelligence, kindness, and nuance!
• Great tool for any child to discuss social nuances.
• Families of gifted children, children with autism, twice exceptional children may see a need for a teaching tool to address the tricky topic of manners, and this could help!
Are you looking for a "Complete" guide that will hold your hand (just as you will hold the hand of your newborn) and teach you how to give your bundle of joy a good night sleep? Then this baby sleep training book is what you need!
Babies are a blessing to every household. But despite being perhaps the best adventure in the world, taking care of a baby is no easy task and is an incredibly great responsibility for any new parent.During the early days of raising a child, many parents fail to understand the importance and science of the psychology of a baby's sleep cycle.
And let's face it -- you can't expect to get adequate sleep if your child doesn't have a good night sleep, right?
Going through this baby sleep training guide, you will be able to:
• Get an in-depth understanding of your child's sleep cycle and get to know what makes it tick, how it works, and how you can control it.
• Learn foolproof and easy-to-implement training methods that will bring peace to your baby's heart and give your little one some well-deserved sound sleep, in turn giving you the rest you need.
• Understand how the different sleeping positions affect your baby's sleep pattern.
• Acquire knowledge regarding "Colic" and understand how to respond to your baby's crying.
To give you an overview of the chapters in this book:
• Introduction: The brief introduction of the book will gently ease you into the whole topic by giving you an outline of the objectives of the book.
• Chapter 1: This chapter explains in explicit detail the importance of sleep training. The primary focus is to break down the underlying principles of sleep training and how it will benefit you and your child.
• Chapter 2: The second chapter goes deep into the concept of your baby's sleep cycle and helps you understand the different stages of your baby's sleep. This chapter is broken down into multiple sections, each focusing on a specific stage from newborn (1-3 months) to 6-9 months.
• Chapter ...
Learning to control that anger could very well save your kid's life. Here's what you need to know...
Does your child sometimes seem to be too much to handle?
Do you feel overwhelmed by the rest of life's hurdles and find yourself fighting to stay ahead, let alone find a spare moment for some much-needed relaxation?
Are the days of cuteness and blissful relationships long past?
The bills are piling up, the workload is getting heavy, and spending time with your spouse has become a nonexistent happening. You may not even be able to remember the last time you met up with some friends for a drink.
According to statistics, 73% of parents say parenting is the biggest struggle in their life. On top of that, in order to cope with these stressors, 90% of parents claim to yell at their kids.
But what effect does this actually have on your little ones? Is it even an effective strategy?
In Am I Yelling?, you'll discover:
• The psychology of anger and why yelling is not the most productive outlet
• What to do when your child is the angry one, and why remaining calm is imperative
• How to learn your child's language so that you can understand and anticipate their actions
• A step-by-step guide to developing your own emotional intelligence and why this could save your child's life
• How to recognize your misdirected anger so that your child doesn't get hurt by something that doesn't even involve them
• Groundbreaking insight into how you can manage your anger, even if you haven't succeeded with this in the past
• What you can do to fix an instance of yelling and why this is important for your child's development
... and so much more.
Parenting is hard enough without always having to second-guess if you're doing the right thing. Yelling has it's time and place and can be effective in certain instances, but sometimes expressing your frustration this way simply does more harm than good.
It is far from impossible to calm your irritation ...
WINNER, 2014 BEST KINDLE BOOK for nonfiction. Did you and your parent ever keep a secret that lasted a lifetime? When Hanna Perlstein and her mother, Sidonia, come to Springfield, Massachusetts from a displaced persons camp after World War II, they know no one in America. With no other family, except each other, they build a world that revolves around Sidonia's extraordinary talent with a needle and thread to create beautiful garments while Hanna serves as her dutiful model. As Sidonia becomes well-known in western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut for her remarkable sewing talent, she continues to keep her inner secrets about her past hidden not only from her daughter but from everyone else. Determined to craft a life of pride, self-reliance and perseverance, Sidonia teaches her daughter to "stand up straight" in fashion and in life. Sidonia's Thread uses sewing metaphors to tell the tale of these two women as though stitched together like a handmade garment. Why did Sidonia keep these significant life secrets, and why was Hanna so afraid to ask about them? When Sidonia moves to elderly housing, Hanna steals some of her old letters and photographs hoping to find clues to her paternity, her mother's reclusive behavior, and her heritage. Combined with a trip to her mother's Hungarian homeland and a phone conversation with her father, Hanna's surprising discoveries inspire a revised view of her life with her mother, replacing her conflicting emotions toward her mother with true reverence.