All of us can think of times when we know we should speak up, but we don't. When we feel like we're being taken advantage of, but we just accept it. Later, we kick ourselves, thinking: "If only I would have said something!"
If this sounds like you, look no further! This book serves as a complete guide to understanding what assertiveness is and how to become more assertive in your own life. Using practical exercises and techniques it will teach you how to stand up for what you believe in, ask for what you want, and say no to what you don't want in a way that's confident, calm, and respectful.
This book is for:
• People who would like to massively boost their assertiveness
• People who would like to develop better communication skills
• People who would like to learn how to deal with conflicts
• People who would like to communicate with confidence and charisma
• New managers who need to be more assertive with their team.
• Emerging leaders who want to communicate more clearly and confidently.
• Introverted people who need to set boundaries and say "no."
• Passive communicators who want to speak more directly and honestly.
• People who have difficulty protecting their time, priorities, and goals.
• People who are tired of being a doormat and taking a passive role in relationships
• People who are afraid of standing up for themselves
• The "push over, nice guy"
• People who are tired of being controlled and dominated
• People who struggle with knowing their worth.
This book will teach you the following:
• What is Assertiveness
• The 4 Communication Styles
• How to Communicate with Confidence and Charisma
• Highly Effective Techniques to Deal with Any Conflict in Your Personal & Professional Life
• How to Have an Assertive Body Language
• How to Speak Up, Share Your Ideas & Opinions in A Persuasive, Calm & Positive Way
• How to express your feelings, opinions and wants honestly, clearly, and ...
This second edition has been revised and updated with even more helpful, straightforward information. You won't need to figure things out on your own. You will get expert advice that quickly and easily allows you to address many eldercare issues .Included in this second edition are new chapters on Dementia, Driving and Financial Matters.
An Adoption Journey of Faith Hope and Love is an inspirational true story.
Drawing on her faith, and her sense of humor, Michelle White is able to take readers on an exciting ride through the triumphant, the sorrowful, and often times, humorous adventure of adopting children from a foreign country.
Following what they would describe as a calling from God, Michelle, and her husband Jeff, never thought they would find themselves traveling to Russia to adopt two children from different orphanages. They face seemingly insurmountable odds from the beginning of the process all the way to the end. Dealing with two countries, scary plane rides, mountains of paperwork, and minimal finances, they follow their hearts and rely on their faith to accomplish their dream.
As the two soon find out, things are done much differently in Russia than in the United States! Sent to an area near the Chechnya border, where a civil war was taking place, would challenge their faith in ways they could never imagine.
For anyone who has ever wondered what it would be like to adopt a child, or is chasing a dream that seems impossible, their story will captivate and inspire you from beginning to end.
When it comes to raising children, parents can expect to experience their fair share of headaches, heartaches and worries. In this collection of comic strips, comic artist Dan Kuah and co-author Smith Leong highlight the ups and downs of raising Dan's young son, Ben Ben, who often manages to outwit his father with his mischievous antics. This light-hearted take on the parenting journey offers hefty doses of hilarious and heartfelt moments that will help parents to navigate the nuances of everyday family life.
Genre: Parenting & Relationships Length: 132 Pages (20,746 KB) Lending: Not Enabled Added: Jun 28th, 2020